Friday, June 10, 2005

GWB really said this. From Drongo. Corroborating Link, because I didn't believe it.

For Immediate ReleaseOffice of the Press SecretarySeptember 6, 2004

President's Remarks at a Victory 2004 Rally in PoplarBluff, Missouri Ray Clinton ParkPoplar Bluff, Missouri 6:08 P.M. CDT

But let me tell you what else we need to do. We needto do something about these frivolous lawsuits thatare running up the cost of your health care andrunning good docs out of business. (Applause.) We'vegot an issue in America. Too many good docs aregetting out of business. Too many OB/GYNs aren't ableto practice their love with women all across thiscountry. See, I don't think you can be pro-doctor andpro-patient and pro-hospital and pro-trial lawyer atthe same time. (Applause.) I think you've got to makea choice. My opponent made his choice, and he put himon the ticket. (Applause.) I made my choice. I'm formedical liability reform now. (Applause.) In all we doto improve health care, we will make sure that healthdecisions are made by doctors and patients, not bybureaucrats in Washington, D.C. (Applause.)

No comments:

Post a Comment