Thursday, June 9, 2005

The Big Knot

On Saturday, my boyfriend Drongo will be officiating a marriage through a Reverendship he bought on the internet. How cool is that?

Of course this makes me think about tying the knot. It would be a third time, if I decided to do such a thing. My mistake with the first one was thinking I could change him; my mistake with the second was thinking that marriage wouldn't change him.

The two big things with marriage are these: wives have a really bad reputation in my book (the gift of giving good head somehow disappears and is replaced by the gift of waving a rolling pin); and family is one of the hardest things in the world--just think of all the crazy mixed feelings your parents had for eachother at one point or another. Do you really want to go there?

The only thing that draws me to it is this: marriage is a deep and soulful enterprise, and I am drawn to go into everything ever more deeply and soulfully. It's the only way to live, in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment