Monday, August 29, 2005

Love's Big Bait n' Switch

I have to say I have a pretty good game of seduction going. I enjoy it. I know the rules enough to play by them or ignore them. And it’s one of those things I don’t lose even after “I got him” or whatever, because it’s just plain fun. Like a hobby.

Okay, enough on that. What I want to say, is even though I am great with romance and seduction, I am really stupid about people. Here is something that everyone seems to know and be okay with except for me:

After they think they have you, the energy is gone; the romance is gone; and the weirdness begins. Men complain that the blow jobs are over. Women complain that the guys don’t take them out anymore. People start acting like their parents, or like the other person in the relationship should be their parent—way too Oedipal for me, thanks.

I don’t understand why this bait n’ switch is considered okay by anyone. I mean, what happens? We just get in so deep that we decide that we’re stuck with this person? Do both people switch to “got you, can forget you” mode simultaneously? Is it part of the hard-wiring that has something to do with propagating our species? Or are people just lazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment