Friday, August 26, 2005

I Can't Believe No One Responded To This

Desperately seeking Weird Friends on Staten Island - w4mw - 34

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: anon-93082147@craigslist.org
Date: 2005-08-24, 11:18AM EDT


How do you know you are weird enough to hang out with the likes of me and my few weird friends?

*You feel like you are normal, but everyone else calls you weird. You may find "norms" fascinating or scary.
*You like music that no one you know seems to like.
*You can't talk a lot about your past to the norms around the office.
*You have done things most people read about in books.
*You don't like that weirdness, tattoos, irony, and everything you thought cool is now "trendy".

I'm 34 with a 3 y.o. son, 6 months in S.I. I like Ween, and their song "mutilated lips" gives me ecstacy flashbacks. I am very rock n' roll, but softspoken about it. I like rockabilly, punk, and weird stuff. When I had cable, I watched Industrial TV--and I like psychotronics, Roger Corman, anime, etc. I paint portraits. I worship ancient greek gods, and I am serious considering a career change to priestess of same.

I just made some file folder labels at work that said "Disappointed in Life" (for the hanging file) with more files that said, "Long Commute" "Little Free Time" "Not Near My Friends". For more about me you can visit my blog http://love-suki.blogspot.com.

Watch out guys! I already have a weird boyfriend. He reads books about headhunters around the world.


this is in or around North Shore

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests


93082147

2 comments:

  1. well, there may be hope for you cable-less peeps...we are planning to re-instate the iTv undergrond film nite. I am in the process of checking out a couple of suitable places, (in stapleton)and hopefully, we'll start agin in Oct. I will notify you!
    ...ed_droogie, the balding, 4-eyed, over-educated/under-motivated, middle-aged old fart producer with a beer belly and backhair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hrm, I'll have to go sometime. There's bound to be some weirdos at your show! :)

    Rockin' Island:
    Over the weekend, I got everyone ready to part-ay at Liedy's Shore Inn with my own rousing (kareoke) version of Start Me Up. And my boyfriend played obscure (World War IX anyone?) and not so obscure rockin' roll, (Ain't No Cure for the Summer Time Blues) at the Side Street Saloon.

    To More Rock and Movies!! Hey hey!

    ReplyDelete