Tuesday, July 5, 2005

What I Did On My Vacation

1. Rode for eight hours each way on boat, train, bus, cab, and car to see my folks, with a sunny/stormy/sleepy two-year old in tow.
2. Stood ankle deep in the ocean, and called, “Hail Poseidon” at 8 am.
3. Taught my two-year old to yell “Hail Poseidon” at the top of his lungs while standing knee deep in the ocean.
4. Had a few Buds with five Jamaican dames in big flower-covered hats in a garden “tea house”.
5. Moved my mom’s crystal balls into the “jungle room” so my son wouldn’t try to bowl with them.
6. Missed my boyfriend, painfully. I thought I was going to rip my own heart out with my bare hands.
7. But when he finally did call, I said, “Oh, you don’t want to see me? I don’t want to see you either.” (He did want to see me.)
8. Stared pensively at one of my mom’s cow skulls (she has a collection of 15) while using the throne.
9. Napped.
10. Shuffled hand-in-hand with boyfriend and toddler through a cavalcade of tattooed, Converse-shod, music-lovers in Battery Park, and smiled.

2 comments:

  1. Missed my boyfriend, painfully. I thought I was going to rip my own heart out with my bare hands.
    But when he finally did call, I said, “Oh, you don’t want to see me? I don’t want to see you either.” (He did want to see me.)

    Hahaha, Suki you are so bad, but deliciously so;)

    Skulls in the throne room...that sounds too cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh suki :) rip your heart out with your bare hands??? LOL!!!! you must be deeply in love...you certainly are Aphrodite's priestess..:)

    Nike

    ReplyDelete