Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Hot for Satan--Just Another Reason I Love My Guy

A while ago, I wrote an entry called, “Criteria: Or Why I Love My Man” or some such thing. I remember he read it, and felt so flattered. But the thing is this: criteria is about interchangeability: the shape of my favorite cookie cutter, more or less.

Love is about irreplaceability. It’s about me being a unique individual, wanting and needing and appreciating certain other things in someone else, or our own unique interaction.

I love Drongo because:

1. His voice is so deep, he sounds like he’s 6’8, instead of 5’9.

2. He has a tough guy, fresh-outta juvie hall Noo Yahk accent, but…

3. …he is so smart, he does the Saturday Times Crossword in pen.

4. He likes to change positions a lot in bed, you know, when we…

5. He looks like Satan, especially, when I’m right up close, eye-level with his nose. I guess a lot of people would say this is a left-handed compliment, but I am seriously hot for Satan!!!(Say, Paris Hilton does it for him, and Satan does it for me! What does that tell you? Made for each other, that’s what!)

6. The first night we met, he used dirty words in ways I had never heard them before.

7. Conversations go from cunninlingus to Sasquatch in two sentences—I can’t do that with just anyone!

8. He knows his Marvel Comics (Golden and Silver Age), and he knows about the business end too, which is a lot like telling what time it is by looking at the works of a watch.

9. He honestly enjoys playing with my son. ‘Nuff said.

10. I love the way he drives a car, all relaxed and casual, with his elbow out the window, leaning back in his seat.

11. He takes me out dancing at 1 am—even if he doesn’t really feel like it.

There’s a bunch of other stuff too, about the kinds of books he reads, love of hiking, hanging out, old movies…If you ever feel down, like maybe there is no one for you in this world, you now know that there is someone for everyone--even a comics-lovin', dancin' fool, hot for satan--and even you.

No comments:

Post a Comment