Tuesday, July 26, 2005

In high school, I used to paint portraits and the human figure 16 hours a day. I used to skip class to go to the art room and paint. No one gave a shit, because I got all A's.

I'd come home and paint more. Painting basically stopped when I came to NY fifteen years ago. No space in my tiny apartments.

This weekend, I painted portraits about 8 hours each day. Everything was fine, and then on one deep breath, I felt like I inhaled something more than air--it felt like my soul.

"Where have YOU been?" I asked it, a tear in my eye.

"Asleep, I think."

"Fifteen years? Screw you!" I thought at it.

It settled in to my body complacently.

And people wonder why I have problems with depression.

7 comments:

  1. suki suki? you felt as if you inhaled your soul? wow...how did it feel like? that is spooky :) I am sooo happy for you getting back to your painting! I can't wait to start new projects.,this time , i will mainly concentrate on small objects..sea rocks, wood, small canvases...
    keep cool,
    love, Nike

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was heavier and cooler than smoke, but had no taste.

    When it got back to my throat, it became more solid, but then dissipated throughout my body. This happened very quickly on an inbreath.

    I'm glad you will have time to paint, and get deeper into your creativity.--suki

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! what an experience!!! I wish I was there to see this happen !
    I plan to start my new fresh art work with naked bodies of male athletes...it sold nicely during the Olympics! what do you think?
    love, Nike

    ReplyDelete
  4. methinks a psychiatrist is in order.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't reply to cowardly anonymous posters. Methinks these spoilsports deserveth goodly spankings, not kind attention.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow! thats brilliant! ...very happy you gotten back into it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! thats brilliant! ...very happy you gotten back into it :)

    ReplyDelete