Tuesday, October 11, 2005

But what?

So, I broke up with the man a week ago, and I'm already starting to go out.

You might say, "If she loved that guy so much, how can she already be going out? Shouldn't there be a grieving period, or something? Shouldn't she be trying to heal, or learn who she is again, or whatever? Isn't this a little cold-blooded?"

I have been through this before. This breaking-up-with-the-one-I-love-because-we-are-on-different-paths thing, and I am going to tell you something: I don't believe in healing or closure, or any of that Oprah-esque bullshit. It took me ten years to "get over" M__, and really I'll never be over it. Nobody "gets over" anything or anyone. We just ingest it, and let the pain become part of us, we find ways not to feel it anymore.

I will never stop loving Drongo. The wound from this will never "go away." But I am not going to sit here and cry for the rest of my life. Just feel the pain, and keep going.Every damn day. One day, I'll be so used to it, I won't even notice...

1 comment: