Thursday, February 22, 2007

Big on Small Town News

Sometimes I look at newspapers from around the country--not the big ones. Today I looked at the Lexington Clipper Herald (of Nebraska). One of the top news stories was that:

Lex and Cozad men inducted into Cattlemen's Hall of Fame:

My favorite quote from that was:
...Some people have gone so far to say Joe is a character, noted Chris Hagedone, Dawson County Cattlemens president...
My gawd! A character?

But if you want to really know what this place is about, check out this fine young man who won a wrestling championship:



Is the smile beatific or insane? What is he thinking?

I don't want you to think I'm making fun. I'm fascinated. This is a life completely different from mine, which, if you want to look at my local news, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment