Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Classmates.com is not for people hold grudges. I just look at those ads and think, well, if you didn't want to hang out with me then, why would you want to hang out with me now? Because you're a salesman?

I only dated one guy from my high school. Actually, "dated" is too strong a word. We had sex in a field a few times. That's it. All it gave me was a strong affinity for certain kinds of moss.

I was the weird girl at my school. I was unapologetic about having lots of partners from other schools and grown-up partners, when I turned sexy at 16 years old. It was an abrupt change. I went from being a frumpy, attempting-to-be-preppy girl as a sophomore, to a very sexy, if suicidal, girl as a junior. I was unapologetic about my suicidal tendencies too--but they didn't lock me in an institution. My parents had to send me to therapy though, or social services was going to take me away from them.

I should be a grown-up and forgive all the kids who shunned me. They were probably just terrified. Right.

1 comment:

  1. I'd be willing to bet they actually wanted to be your friend but were intimidated.

    There were so many people, women mostly, that I wanted to talk to, to get to know, to be friends with but I was shy and I was a geek. Next to my pic in my highschool yearbook it says "Did he go here?"

    I'm thinking those that shunned you lost the chance to get to know someone interesting. I certainly did. Not that I'm going to dig through the pages of classmates.com to find them.

    ReplyDelete