Monday, November 27, 2006

Denise

I started exercising not too long ago. Probably about 3 months now, and I've really noticed a change in my body. Richard Simmons has gotten too easy, unless I turn every knee bend into a deep squat, and add a hop every chance I can. But I didn't have Richard when I first began exercising. All I had was an old Denise Austin tape from 1986.
I hate that tape. It's from the early days of aerobics, so all it is is Denise running in place and waving her arms around different ways. For the first few weeks I would feel like throwing up after I was done with it. When I exercised, I would imagine she was a puppet. I would swear at her, say I hated her.
Then I discovered my library had a huge exercise collection, so I started doing those instead, leaving Denise as my "punishment" tape--punishment for not having the forethought to get something better at the library. Believe me, I did not revisit it for quite some time.
Then one morning, all I had was Denise and a Harry Potter movie. I put them on, side by side, (yes, on two tv's!)and worked out. The Denise exercises were easy, and I followed them out of the corner of my eye. Maybe because it was from the corner of my eye, I noticed this:

Poor Denise! Her '80's hair is all sticking up wrong, she's staggering about, her hand movements all limp and uncontrolled. And I felt really bad. I don't know how many takes it took to do this one half hour of film, but it looks like they ran her ragged--and I started to wonder if I were in better shape now than she was then, even with my beer gut.

5 comments:

  1. That is one freaky pic.

    I have a Denise tape and I have Harry Potter. I much prefer the latter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's got a bit of an overbite too. I like overbites, actually, but I've never seen an excercise guru with one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you exercised, did you have on leg warmers and a little stretchy belt? And a headband? And hi-top Reeboks?

    I should dig out my old '80s exercise VHS tapes. I haven't hung out with Jane Fonda, Callan Pickney, and Kathy Smith in quite a while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suki,
    don't know how else to contact you. You left many comments on my wifes blog. Her name was Carla Roberts and her blog was called A legal alien. Thought you might like to know that Carla passed away on Dec. 12th after a long battle with cancer. This is why she hasn't posted since february. you will find a memorial site left by her trivia friends at http://www.geocities.com/trivia_r_us2003/Suggs.html
    Robert

    ReplyDelete
  5. denise is still hot look at her tits and hot tight ass...sheneeds to show them tits is what i say

    ReplyDelete